Friday, June 24, 2011

Round two has begun!


SEARCH FOR THE NEXT STYLE CORRESPONDENT.

Round two has begun! For this I was asked to submit a 250 word article on why I should be the next style correspondent. This is what I had to say:


We’re so often fed through pop-culture this image that working in the fashion industry is so amazingly glamorous, you just have to fit the look through following trends; that makes you a ‘fashion person’. The truth is that ‘fashion people’ are hard working, focused, passionate and tough-skinned, generally starting at the very bottom and giving decades of hard work to make a name for themselves within this industry.

 I’m not scared of hard work; I was raised taught that regardless of what you do, you always give it your all and work hard to create it for yourself. Yet in saying this, I’ve also learnt that if an amazing opportunity comes along you don’t let it pass by easily; you fight for what you want.

I believe that only being eighteen, I bring a fresh approach yet still have enough life experience behind me. Growing up in Perth and having always been interested in fashion, I’m used to watching the wider ‘fashion world’ and isolating aspects of overall trends to interpret for the opposite season here and for my own style.

Having a photographic eye I see the world in a certain way; I’m always thinking about whether something photographs well and from this I have a great attention to detail, helping my ability to descriptively recount and write about what I see.

Additionally, I possess the confidence and personally to work in the more social side of the Fashion industry, constantly meeting, interviewing and liaising with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Darling, you're the cat's meow.